Most people have heard of green building and sustainable construction, but what does it mean?
A few things come to mind … effective use of insulation, energy-efficient appliances, compact fluorescent lighting, etc. Beyond this base-level understanding, many lack awareness of the concepts and materials behind an eco-friendly approach to construction and renovation.
- We promote the use of very durable materials that will provide long lasting use and beauty
- We encourage the client to focus on the life-time or long-term operating cost of a particular material or system selection in an effort to make a more sound investment
- Our staff consists of skilled individuals who take great pride in their work and therefore deliver quality service and long-lasting products
- All demo material is separated then we recycle ALL cardboard, metal, asphalt shingles, carpet and plastic
- We reuse and reclaim a significant amount of demo brick, wood, cabinets, etc.
- We donate a large portion of reclaimed building materials to the local Habitat Restore
- We promote the use of local materials in an effort to support local economies and reduce the carbon footprint of material transfer
- Local oak, maple, ash, etc. for flooring and butcher block countertops
- Tile from Lancaster, KY and Crossville, TN rather than China or Italy
- Countertops: we have a vendor that uses locally-sourced recycled glass to make the most amazing and custom countertops
- We constantly observe the packaging on the materials we use to help source their origin to better inform our clients of a sound choice
- Stefan, from his roots, was raised with a sustainable focus on life and therefore has built his team around this premise.
- We have employees who run their personal vehicles on bio diesel (veggie diesel)
- Another employee’s family farm is powered entirely on wind and solar in Mercer Co.
- This is our focus, not a trend we are riding.
- We all believe in our mission!
Green Office Practices
- Recycled envelopes, paper, & files
- Encourage email to fax or mail
- Paper reuse for approx. 20% of total usage
- We buy Green power